PAINTED FURNITURE

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Bombay Chest Remodel




I bought this chest for $25.00 at the Brookdale Senior Living Community where my Mom lives. They were remodeling so they allowed the residents families to bid on all the old furniture! There was quite a bit of damage on the lower right area but I patched, repaired, painted and proceeded!
                                                                     





I love burlap so I found this beautiful fabric several months ago that you will recognize in some of my other projects. After I painted the chest satin black, I cut the burlap to fit the drawers and glued them. I cut a piece for the top but did not glue it because the heavy glass top that came with the chest was heavy enough to hold it in place. I replaced the drawer pulls on the top three shelves with glass knobs but kept the Lion Head pulls on the bottom shelf. (Reminds me of ASLAN!)


                                                                             

All Done!













No comments:

Post a Comment